Welcome to my homepage. Yes, I know I have the stupid PayPal button and dumb Google ads on this page. I don't expect to make a living off these sort of things, but it's not like those things can hurt, right? Hopefully this page will get some traffic and I'll have a few interesting things to say. Especially in my blog. Read on.
- Me - Hi, my name is Jan Stephan Lundquist. People call me Steve (or Lunk, or a host of other names really) since it's usually too much trouble to teach them how to pronounce my name correctly (and it's difficult to get it right without a Swedish accent). I've tried to make this page easy to navigate. Each paragraph begins with a link to another page that details that subject more fully, or you can use the handy navigation bar on the left. I hope you enjoy looking at my page as much as I did creating it.
- Why LarianLeQuella.com? - Well, that has been my "persona" since 1978. Check out the this page for a little more info on that subject.
- Skepticism - While I have the red A for atheism prominent on this page, I really more identify myself as a skeptic. This is more on that subject and my involvement with it.
- Swords - I have an interest in collecting swords, armour, and more gaming materials. Since this is really expensive, a while back I decided to make a company that sold these things at a better price than some. I called it Bright Blades (it's the name of my elven ranger's adventuring company, read on for more on that). Unfortunately I had to shut this company down due to all my other personal commitments and the demands of my "real" job (again, read on). Now I send people to Arms of Valor. One of my first swords was a Starfire sword that I use in live steel demonstrations with my friend Jason. I actually managed to break it! Thankfully Starfire sent me a new one to beat up, should only take me about 10 years to break this one. I also have (had?) the largest Web Ring on the net dedicated to Swords. Click HERE to get the scoop on joining this ring.
- AD&D - I have more hobbies than I'd care to name, but here are a couple of them. I've always been an avid AD&D player. I started playing in 1978 when I was 12 years old, and have tried to stay active ever since then (although for the past few years, that has been difficult so I have gone the digital route). My favorite campaign is the Forgotten Realms setting. I really like the third edition rules. My favorite character has always been an elven ranger named Larian LeQuella (OMG, what a surprise).
- Dark Age of Camelot - It seems that there are a lot of REALLY COOL games out there. Dark Age of Camelot is my current favorite,
and has been so for over a decade now. I may try other games from time to time, but DAoC is the one I stick with. I served as a Team Lead for Mythic (and am now a "Knight"),
and hopefully I have built a good resource for you to make it worthwhile visiting. I think between the links and my guild
page (Armyn ab Treanid), I have something good for you if you are into this game.
Also, if you want to start playing this game, I am more than ready to help you out!
- Forums - I set up a phpBB Forum so people can talk and share opinions and such. Sadly, there are so many spammers out there that try to register for my forums that I had to turn registrations off, as well as restrict who can actually post. As such, if you want to talk with me on the forums, you will need to contact me directly, and I can set you up with your own user account.
- al Brindisi - I was to Italy on a NATO assignment, and found this place. It is probably the singularly most amazing place I have ever been! I have a wonderful family, I fly airplanes for a living, and love my life, but there are some things about what Federico does that I envy. That is high praise indeed!
- Another hobby of mine is homebrewing. I've always enjoyed a good brew. Along with a good brew, I like to light up a good cigar. I also like to try new foods, and to go along with the food, good wine. It's a miracle that I'm not 300 pounds with the things I like to eat. I have collected a bunch of recipes and stuff that I like to share.Some other hobbies include rugby, camping, flying, computer games (the bloodier the better!), and science fiction.
Well, that's a little bit about me. I'll update this page whenever I have a chance, or when something new in my life pops up. Also keep an eye on my Blog. My intent is to get a lot of stuff on that page so you can get even more insight into the type of person I am.
© 1997 to Present, Send E-Mail to Steve@LarianLeQuella.com
Rotating Sword GIF courtesy of Vialardi di Sandigliano Foundation. Thank you!