1. Cut off chicken wing tips, snip the skin between the joints, and remove excess fat
2. Place wings or legs in a large disposable tin baking pan (VERY important b/c the baked sauce will be really hard to get off of any other pan)
3. Combine the "Chicken Seasoning" recipe in small dish and sprinkle evenly over chicken
4. Cover with plastic wrap well and marinate overnight (you can opt not to marinate overnight, but the flavor will not be as tasty)
5. In a glass measuring cup, mix the maple syrup, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, garlic, garlic powder, ginger powder, onion powder, black pepper, and pour over chicken so every piece is covered in sauce
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
7. Place disposable tin pan on a baking sheet and bake for approx. 1 hour, tossing and basting every 15-20 min. (Another VERY important step as this is how the chicken will absorb the flavor)
8. After 1 hour, increase the temperature to 425 degrees F
9. Turn chicken to coat evenly and cook an additional 35-45 min., tossing and basting every 15 min. to avoid burning
Makes 4-6 servings and is great as an appetizer or as a meal
It goes great with plain white or brown rice. I enjoy spooning the extra sauce onto my rice.
Back to my Recipe Page
Back to Steve's Home Page.