1. Pound chicken pieces to about 1/4 inch thickness.
2. Put about 2 tablespoons chilies and 1 strip cheese in center of each chicken piece. Roll op and tuck ends under.
3. Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, chili powder, salt, cumin, and pepper. Dip each stuffed chicken piece in a shallow bowl containing melted butter. Then roll the chicken in the crumb mixture.
4. Place chicken rolls, seam side down, in an oblong baking dish and drizzle with a little melted butter.
5. Cover and chill 4 hours or overnight.
6. Bake, uncovered in a preheated 400 degree oven for 20 minutes or until done. Serve with a side dish of warmed tomato sauce, if desired.
Must start preparation early in the day.
Wine Suggestion: Mexican beer served in wine glasses.
We like serving this dish with Spanish rice, and a Chardonnay goes well with it too. Another thing we do is sprinkle the left over bread crumb mixture on top to give it extra spice.
Back to my Recipe Page
Back to Steve's Home Page.